HOEDOWN CANCELLED 2020
Sorry folks you won’t see this, and all the people in our town this November. The committee for the GOLD N NOTES HOEDOWN has decided to cancel this years event.
It has been closely looked at and with a lot of interest this year the organisers did not wish to stage it and find someone who attends contacts this horrible virus and causes a cluster of nearly 800-900 people. It is not worth the risk and while we have a lot of support from understanding people we also have a few disappointed music lovers who obviously have booked and made plans to come.
We had a great line up organised this year to with Carleen Still and Kevin Greaves returning along with Eddie Low, Local Craig Adams, Stephen and Marilyn Hayes, and Sha-low from Timaru.
We could never live it down if it caused an outbreak so decided to wave it this year. To all the locals who have supported us in the past and those who have offered this year we thank you all very much but we need to stay safe.
Hopefully we can clear our lovely country and start again soon to stage events like this but in the meantime stay safe.
- Lynette and Mike Hedges
Come and celebrate Gold 'n' Notes' 34th hoedown in beautiful Cromwell!
- Carleen Still
- Kevin Greaves
- Sha-Low Timaru
- Eddie Low
- Craig Adams
- Marilyn & Stephen Hayes
Plan for the weekend
- Friday & Saturday: Morning busking in the town centre
- Friday 1pm: Blackboard artists, Friday 7pm: Jam Session
- Saturday 10am - 1:30pm: Blackboard artists
- Saturday 2pm - 5.30pm: Invited guests then a dinner break
- Saturday Night 7pm - Late: ‘Country Showcase’ featuring top NZ artists plus surprises
- Sunday 10am - 6pm: Blackboard artists followed by a free for all jam session
Available on-site from Friday morning. Day & weekend passes available.