Get the NZMCA Travel App
The NZMCA Travel App is the app version of the online TD (Travel Directory). It reflects current changes- site updates, new sites, deleted sites- in the online TD on a regular basis.
Where do I download it?
If you are using Apple devices (iPhones and iPads), you can download the app directly from the App Store. If you are using Android devices (Samsung, Huwaei, etc) download the app from the Google Play Store. On the app search box, simply type in ‘NZMCA Travel App”. It’s a mobile-only app and does not work on laptops and some laptop-tablet hybrids.
How do I log in?
Once downloaded, log in with the same login details you have currently set for the NZMCA website- make sure you are a current financial member, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to use the app.
WHAT’S MY LOGIN?
- If you’ve logged into the NZMCA website in the last 12-months it’s more than likely that you’ve updated your login to the more secure combination of email address or membership number (only one or the other) and custom password. This is also means that the MAC code no longer works ( a six character password is required)
- If there are two of you in a membership, you can each enter your email address and use either of these (or your membership number) as the login, but there is only a single shared password.
- If you’ve entered an email address as your login and received a ‘No account was found for this email address…” prompt, it means that the email address has not been entered into your account details. In this case, login with your membership number instead.
- If no email address has been entered for you to retrieve your password, send an email to [email protected] with your membership number for this to be set and your login created.
How do I use it?
- After logging in, tap on the menu icon on the upper right-hand side.
- The menu loads the current Travel Directory (TD) sites by category - eg. NZMCA Park, DumpStations, etc. There are 10 TD categories in all plus the current CampSaver category.
- The app only loads one category at a time for viewing.
- Tapping on the All Campgrounds, loads ALL the categories so you can view all sites on the map.
- To view more details (description, contact numbers) for a specific site, tap on its tear-drop marker.
- Do you spot the filter (funnel-shaped) icon after each category? This allows you to filter sites by amenity/facility, eg. pet-friendly, power etc. Select the filter you want and the category only loads sites that have that selected amenity/facility. Note that your selected amenity/facility will remain selected until you de-select it.
- Want to pay your NZMCA Park fees? Select the NZMCA Park category and tap on the park you wish to pay the fees for; tap on the Pay Park Fee bar at the bottom which will prompt you for relevant details including payment via a valid credit-card. Need more information on this? CLICK HERE