Christmas gifts come in twos?…Read more
As you know New Zealand is now moving into a Level 4 COVID-19 Alert Status in an effort to significantly slow and reduce the transmission of COVID-19 throughout our country. Here at VTNZ we completely support this objective as one of our key focuses is to ensure the health and safety of our staff, our customers and our wider communities. To ensure we play our part in safeguarding New Zealand all of our VTNZ branches and offsites will be officially closed to members of the public at the end of business today (Wednesday 25 March 2020) and will remain closed until further notice. We will only resume normal business once the government tells us that it is safe to do so.
FOR ESSENTIAL SERVICE VEHICLES
The Government has instructed us that they require our help to ensure the safety of essential service vehicles only during this lockdown. In conjunction with AA and VINZ, we have worked at putting together a reduced inspection network that will cover the country. In this network we will do WoF and CoF inspections and heavy certification for essential service vehicles only. We will not be offering VCA, RUC, vehicle registration, driver licensing or any other services.
For VTNZ branches that will be open to essential service vehicles only on Thursday 26 March and Friday 27 March please visit vtnz.co.nz. From Monday 30 March the following VTNZ branches will be open Monday to Friday 8am–4.30pm for essential service vehicles only:
The list above is correct at this point in time. As we do not know what will happen in the future with our staff resourcing or government directives, we may need to update this list from time to time. Please check vtnz.co.nz for any updates to this list.
If you visit us during the lockdown period, we will need you to observe the following procedure:
1. Please line up in the queue for the open lane.
2. Please remain in your vehicle. A VTNZ employee will come to you.
3. We will ask for your name, address and contact phone number to put in our COVID-19 register should we need to contact you again.
4. You will be asked if you have been overseas or in contact with anyone who has been in the last 14 days, in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting test results or are feeling unwell in any way. Please do not be offended when we ask these questions as they are for the safety of everyone visiting our branches.
5. You will be asked a series of questions relating to a declaration that you are presenting a vehicle that is involved in an essential service. If you are not an essential service, your vehicle will be turned away.
6. After this you will be given instructions by our Automotive Technician as to what they require you to do whilst the inspection is taking place.
7. Our staff will be observing social distancing practices, wearing gloves and masks where appropriate and washing their hands between each inspection. We ask you to help us by observing these practices as well.
We are still working with NZTA to understand what exemptions or extensions will be given to those people and companies that have vehicles or driver licenses expiring during the lockdown but are not deemed essential service vehicles.
Once we have more information in regard to these issues, we will communicate with you again, but we ask that you bear with us as we are still awaiting the answers just like you. We would also like to let you know that we will not be implementing our price increase on commercial products that was due to take effect on 1 April 2020. We will need to revise our pricing again once we return to normality but will communicate with you in the future about this. We’re committed to keeping you up to date with any changes that we need to make during this time and will post updates on our website, our social media channels and send further emails.
We ask that you regularly check vtnz.co.nz for information as this will be where we post it first. We understand that your business, like ours, is going through trying times. If you have any questions or need our support, please reach out to our Sales Team. They will be available throughout this period and will be in contact with our network who may be able to help you with any special needs in additional locations if we have the ability.
Their contact details are listed below:
Business Development Manager Auckland/Northland
027 264 7261
Business Development Manager Lower North Island/Bay of Plenty
027 809 6664
Business Development Manager South Island
027 809 6663
National Sales Manager
027 801 5499