- 2019 Board Nominations open- remits also nearly due
2019 Board Nominations open- remits also nearly due
After the successful introduction of electronic voting in February 2018, the Board has once again appointed Warwick Lampp from electionz.com as the returning officer for the NZMCA’s upcoming Elections and Remit Voting.
Remember that you can choose how you vote, either electronically or by post (although we would prefer you to do it electronically). Just log on to the Members’ Portal on the NZMCA website and choose the Publications and Preferences button.
Call for Nominations
Nominations are called for the following positions on the NZMCA Board:
• ONE (1) Vice President for a two (2) year term – the retiring Vice President is Ross Hamilton
• TWO (2) Board Members for a three (3) year term – the retiring Board Members are Marilyn Taylor and Peter Willcox
The retiring Vice President and Board members are eligible to stand for re-election.
Nominations Monday, 15th October 2018 and close at 12 noon on Friday, 14th December 2018.
Please note that Board members are not able to nominate or second candidates and that new campaigning policy will be in place before the opening of nominations. Please refer to the Candidates’ Handbook for further details. You will notice that there are two different terms for the 2019 Elections. This is to enable the transition to the new three year Board term.
If you are interested in standing for any of the positions listed, please read the Candidates’ Handbook and complete a nomination form, both of which are now available from:
• NZMCA Resource page – www.electionz. com/NZMCA or www.nzmca.org.nz
• By emailing the Returning Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Or by phoning 0800 666 030 (toll free)
Closing date for Remits
As announced at the 2018 AGM in March, the closing date for Remits is 31 October, 2018. These must be received by the CEO by that date and be signed by five (5) financial members.
Please note that voting will take place in early 2019, with all the details set out in the next Motor Caravanner and online.
Thinking of standing for the board? CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT IT