NZMCA Members' Code of Conduct
Members are committed to the following code of conduct:
- Treat others with respect and courtesy wherever you are.
- Be a considerate and safe driver. Obey NZ road safety rules, and pull over to let others pass.
- Keep and leave your camp site clean and tidy – perhaps even cleaner than you found it.
- Dispose of black and grey wastewater and rubbish in a sanitary and approved manner.
- Avoid causing visual or noise pollution, e.g. only use generators, stereos etc at appropriate times during the day and don't hang washing out in places that may offend others.
- Park your vehicle with safety in mind, in case of fire or flooding. Three metres from other vehicles or inhabited buildings is recommended.
- Observe fire restrictions. Use built fireplaces and portable BBQs if you wish to cook outside.
- Comply with local animal control by-laws. Keep your pets under control and pick up after them.
- Be discreet when choosing an overnight parking spot - consider how the surrounding neighbours may react.
- Respect restrictions for length of stay - do not overstay your welcome. If asked to move on, do so gracefully.
- Offer to pay for facilities used. Water, power, waste disposal, road and ground maintenance all cost money.
- Do not demand discounts or special treatment using the Association name.
- Abide by NZMCA regulations.