We operate a network of parks across New Zealand with access exclusive to financial members travelling in certified self contained motor caravans. Some parks provide basic facilities e.g. a dump station, fresh water, rubbish and recycling bins, while others simply provide a safe place to park overnight.
Help keep the parks at their best by not forgetting to pay your $5 per night / per person fee (Adult, 17+ years; Child, 0-16 years is Free). This will go a long way in helping to cover our parks' operational costs.
While you can pay cash by using the Iron Maiden on site, we encourage you to pay online through the online Travel Directory or the Travel App.
The NZMCA is a recreational club and its nationwide network of NZMCA Parks are designed to provide members with short-term stays only. Importantly, the parks do not allow for semi-permanent or long-term accommodation.
When visiting an NZMCA Park members are generally permitted to stay for up to 10 days in any 30 day period (at each site). However, some parks have more restrictive timeframes due to their resource consent conditions or terms of lease. Please refer to the NZMCA Travel App, online Travel Directory, or park signage to confirm how many days you can stay at each individual NZMCA Park.
Members must adhere to the following rules and criteria whenever using an NZMCA Park.
Our volunteer Park Custodians & on-site caretakers are appointed by the Board and report directly to the National Office.
To arrange this, contact the Weedons NZMCA Park custodians on 022 639 9684.
However, please be aware of the following key terms and conditions* which apply while storing your vehicles at Weedons:
1. You must complete the vehicle storage registration book immediately upon storing your vehicle on site.
2. The storage fee must be paid in advance to the NZMCA, and the fee may be altered by the NZMCA with a minimum four (4) weeks’ written notice.
3. All dangerous and hazardous goods, including gas bottles, must be removed. In the event gas bottles cannot be removed, they must be switched off.
4. All personal effects, valuables and foodstuffs must be removed from your vehicle. Any access points (e.g. windows, doors etc.) are to remain locked while the vehicle is on site.
5. All vehicles must be insured and kept insured while on site. The NZMCA may request a copy of the insurance policy.
6. All vehicles must be secured as per the conditions of the vehicle owner’s insurance policy in respect to the stored vehicle.
7. NZMCA excludes all liability for loss or damage unless such loss or damage is directly a result of negligence of the employees and volunteers of the NZMCA. No liability shall be accepted for loss or damage caused by any other means beyond or outside the duty of due diligence.
8. Vehicle owners must not disclose any information regarding the security of the storage area, including the combination number to access the security fence.’
If you know of a site that we may be interested in purchasing or leasing let us know!
(Please read the Property Acquisition Policy first and then complete and send Part 1 of the Prospective Property Form to the National Office (complete Part 2 only if you have the relevant information at hand).